How might I affect my child's grieving process if I am also grieving?

Erik Fisher
Kids (and adults) often regress emotionally and behaviorally when under stress. This type of behavior is not uncommon, but often when parents are in the middle of their own grief, they miss their child's behaviors as a symptom of grief as to why their child is misbehaving and punish them, sometimes further squashing their child's processing of grief.

Continue Learning about Grief & Emotional Health

6 Ways Grief Affects Your Health
6 Ways Grief Affects Your Health
If you've ever experienced the loss of a loved one, you've likely confronted a period of grief and mourning in the days, weeks and months following th...
What are some positive outcomes of grief?
G R. Smith, MDG R. Smith, MD
Some positive outcomes of grief can include making healthy lifestyle changes, letting go of frivolou...
If I'm grieving, should I spend time with those who knew the deceased?
EverplansEverplans
If you are having difficulty coping with someone's death, it may help to spend time with people who ...
Paul Walker’s Last Conversations With His Family