Are there alternative treatments for emotional trauma?

Because the symptoms of emotional trauma are mostly psychological, there are many methods of treatment available to you. In addition to talk therapies, self-reflective practices such as meditation, relaxation exercises, and diary-keeping can aid in gradual recovery. Creating a daily routine in your life can help you feel stable and in control.

Continue Learning about Grief & Emotional Health

Change, Loss, and Grief: Are Your Reactions Unhealthy?
Most people think of the grieving process as something experienced only after the death of a loved one. But we grieve for many reasons -- be it the lo...
Should I talk to my doctor about my emotional trauma?
You cannot count on emotional trauma going away without treatment. Further, attempts to try to confr...
How do people express denial when in grief?
Michael E. Hirsch, MDMichael E. Hirsch, MD
Denial is insistence that a diagnosis of illness or a death is simply not possible or is of litt...
Mothers on Beginning the Healing Process