How can I save energy while using appliances and electronic devices?

Start by unplugging unused appliances. The newer computers are great at saving energy in the "sleep" mode, but make sure yours has an EPA Energy Star label. This tells you your trusty old computer isn't burning unnecessary fuel. If you have a less efficient model, turn it off after using it. And think about buying an energy saving "Smart Strip" by BITS Limited. This gem automatically shuts off your printer and other devices when you turn off your computer.
Also make a conscious effort to use rechargeable batteries; you'll save money and keep landfills clear of toxic batteries. Today's chargers are more powerful and faster than the old ones. And don't forget to recycle the batteries that can no longer be charged?

YOU: Being Beautiful: The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Green Health

5 Healthy Ways to Go Green for the Environment
This time of year has us all thinking green, but we’re not just talking about blooming plants, vibrant grass and other early signs of spring. We’re ta...
What are some tips for safer, greener dry cleaning?
Here are some tips for safer, cleaner dry cleaning:Limit dry cleaning to only what absolutely has t...
Are natural and organic products always safer?
Environmental Working Group (EWG)Environmental Working Group (EWG)
No, ingredients found in nature can be harmful and should meet the same safety standards as those de...
How Can I Go Green On a Budget?
How Can I Go Green On a Budget?