How can plants help clean the air in my house?

Studies show that houseplants are the best filters of common pollutants such as ammonia, formaldehyde, and benzene. Hundreds of poisonous chemicals may be released by furniture, carpets, and building material and then trapped by closed ventilation systems. Plants absorb toxins and pollutants through their leaves and release oxygen. They provide cleaner air that prevents respiratory and allergic reactions caused by chemicals. Snake plants are a great low-maintenance house plant as they only need to be watered once a week and are available at home and garden stores. Keep them away from kids and pets because they are mildly toxic if eaten.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Green Health

Stopping the Spread of Harmful Algae Blooms
Green slime. Red tide. Brown scum. Toxic algae blooms are fouling waterways across North America these days -- killing fish in Florida, sickening sea ...
Who started the green revolution?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
The "father" of the Green Revolution is considered to be Norman Borlaug, an American agricultural sc...
How can I be sure a cleaning product is safe for the environment?
All those "green" cleaning products on store shelves can be confusing and overwhelming. In this vide...
4 Tips to Help You Go Green
4 Tips to Help You Go Green