How can I green up my workout?

Here are four ways to make your workout greener:
  • Give your walking workout more green by hiking trails or parks instead of on asphalt and concrete. If you have to walk near roads, pick low-traffic times.
  • Toss the water bottle and drink from the tap
  • Go natural. Instead of using energy with treadmills or fans, walk in a park with a cool breeze.
  • Recycle your shoes! Nike, The Shoe Bank and several other organizations have programs where you can donate your old sneakers.
Take the RealAge Test!

Continue Learning about Green Health

Climate Change Is a Health Issue
Climate Change Is a Health Issue
When Martha and the Vandellas released Heat Wave on July 9, 1963, it took the world by storm. Fifty-three years later, as heat waves blister the plane...
How can I save energy while using appliances and electronic devices?
Start by unplugging unused appliances. The newer computers are great at saving energy in the "sleep"...
How can I go green on a budget?
Kate GeaganKate Geagan
Watch as Nutritionist Kate Geagan provides tips on how to go green and decrease your carbon foot...
4 Tips to Help You Go Green
4 Tips to Help You Go Green