Are wood-burning fireplaces bad for the environment?

Though heating home with a wood fire seems more romantic than a Shakespearean poet, wood smoke is much more carcinogenic than cigarette smoke and a contributor to particle pollution in neighborhoods.

YOU: Being Beautiful: The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Green Health

Reasons to Stop Using Black Plastic Right Now
Black Mirror is a sci-fi series that looks at the unexpected consequences of new technologies and contemporary behavior—and paints a dystopian portrai...
How can I live a greener lifestyle?
While you're showing your respect for your family, friends, and colleagues, there's no greater gift ...
How can I go green on a budget?
Making your own cleaning products with baking soda can help you go green on budget. Watch the vid...
4 Tips to Help You Go Green
4 Tips to Help You Go Green