Why are eco-friendly alternatives more effective than vacuuming the floor?

You really don't have to plug in the vacuum (one of the most wasteful uses of energy) to pick up every dog hair on the floor. For smooth surfaces, consider rubber-bristle brooms and a dustpan. After you use them, you'll wonder why you traded in brooms for vacuums in the first place. (If you really want to save time and energy, a dog with a long tongue will keep your kitchen floor clean.) A Swiffer works with electrostatic energy to attract dust.

YOU: Being Beautiful: The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Green Health

Climate Change Is a Health Issue
Climate Change Is a Health Issue
When Martha and the Vandellas released Heat Wave on July 9, 1963, it took the world by storm. Fifty-three years later, as heat waves blister the plane...
Why should I give up plastic bags?
We use 500 billion (that's billion) plastic bags a year around the world. Use them for 10 minutes an...
How can I find an organic lawn care company?
Gary GinsbergGary Ginsberg
Organic lawn care companies have been springing up that use biodiverse methods. Look for companies t...
How Can I Go Green On a Budget?
How Can I Go Green On a Budget?