Do safer products cost more?

Some safer options may cost more than cheaper products containing unlisted or harmful chemicals. But homemade products made with kitchen ingredients are both safer and budget-friendly. Simple baking soda is great for cleaning sinks, bathtubs and showers. Diluted vinegar in a spray bottle makes windows and mirrors sparkle. You can also look for concentrated formulas that you can dilute (with care!) at home, and buy a single product that is made to clean a number of surfaces instead of specialty products with limited applications.

Continue Learning about Green Health

Stopping the Spread of Harmful Algae Blooms
Green slime. Red tide. Brown scum. Toxic algae blooms are fouling waterways across North America these days -- killing fish in Florida, sickening sea ...
Why should I go organic when caring for my lawn and garden?
Gary GinsbergGary Ginsberg
There are many actions we can take to show Mama Earth we still care about the planet and our future ...
What does Green Seal Certified mean?
Kate GeaganKate Geagan
This seal is from a non-profit organization that identifies and certifies the most sustainably p...
How Can I Go Green On a Budget?
How Can I Go Green On a Budget?