How can I live a greener lifestyle?

While you're showing your respect for your family, friends, and colleagues, there's no greater gift than helping save the planet and showing respect for all future generations. After all, how can you feel good if your surroundings are trashed? You want to create your own personal sanctuaries around you - and that should be incentive to live as green as you can. Here are some easy ways you can avoid harming and help restore the environment:
- Stop buying plastic water bottles; use reusable glass thermoses instead. Or drink real tap water.
- Stop using plastic bags. Use reusable cloth bags or paper bags instead.- Buy compact fluorescents light bulbs.- Don't leave water running in the shower or sink, and install low-flow faucets.
-Turn down the heat at night and when you're out during the day.
- Reduce heat loss in your walls and attic by insulating.
- Return your hangers to the dry cleaner.
- Recycle. Not just glass, paper, and plastic, but batteries, florescent light bulbs and electronic devices.
- Save energy by sweeping instead of vacuuming.
- Don't burn wood fires.
- Set your water temperature at 120 degrees.- Wash your clothes in cold water to help save on electricity.
- Plant a tree.- Compost.
- Use rechargeable batteries.

YOU: Being Beautiful: The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Green Health

5 Healthy Ways to Go Green for the Environment
This time of year has us all thinking green, but we’re not just talking about blooming plants, vibrant grass and other early signs of spring. We’re ta...
Why should I give up plastic bags?
We use 500 billion (that's billion) plastic bags a year around the world. Use them for 10 minutes an...
What is ecological consciousness?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
An ecological consciousness is a way of being that respects the natural world -- plants, trees, ...
How can plants help clean the air in my house?
Studies show that houseplants are the best filters of common pollutants such as ammonia, formald...