Will I go blind from Graves' disease?

Your chances of going blind from Graves' disease are very small. The chances of having optic nerve problems from Graves' disease is under 5 percent. In those people, less than 25 percent develop permanent vision loss. The vast majority of people with Graves' disease do not go blind.

Continue Learning about Graves' Disease

How will Graves' disease affect my lifestyle?
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical CenterPresbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center
If you have Graves' disease it should not affect your lifestyle, unless you smoke. Smoking will make...
How does Graves' disease affect the eyes?
American Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmartAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmart
Graves’ disease can affect your eyes in many different ways. The symptoms may vary from person to pe...
Is surgery a safe treatment option for Graves’ disease?
American Association of Endocrine SurgeonsAmerican Association of Endocrine Surgeons
Surgery is a safe and effective treatment option for Graves’ disease. The surgical management of Gra...
What are the causes and risk factors of Graves' disease?
The cause of Graves' disease is unknown, but there may be something in the genes that may increase t...