What happens if I have Graves disease and get pregnant?

It is important to get checked out by doctors more often if you are pregnant. You will need to see both your obstetrician and an endocrinologist, who is a doctor that treats patients with hormone problems. Pregnancy may cause changes in hormones that affect the thyroid, and thyroid problems can affect a growing baby. As a result, the treatment needs of pregnant women often change, and an experienced doctor is needed to regulate your medication properly.
This information is based on source information from the National Women's Health Information Center.

Continue Learning about Graves' Disease