Graves' disease, the leading cause of hyperthyroidism, causes the skin to thicken and harden. The skin, particularly over the shins, may become red, inflamed, thick, and take on the texture of an orange peel. It may also become itchy.
- Q What happens if I have Graves disease and get pregnant?
- Q What medications are available for Graves' disease?
- Q How can Graves' disease affect pregnancy?
- Q Does Graves disease run in families?
- Q How Graves' disease can be treated by radioiodine therapy?
- Q Is surgery a safe treatment option for Graves’ disease?