Graves' disease, the leading cause of hyperthyroidism, causes the skin to thicken and harden. The skin, particularly over the shins, may become red, inflamed, thick, and take on the texture of an orange peel. It may also become itchy.
- Q What should I do if I’ve been diagnosed with Graves’ disease?
- Q Is surgery a safe treatment option for Graves’ disease?
- Q What could happen if Graves disease is left untreated?
- Q How is Graves' disease diagnosed?
- Q What happens if I have Graves disease and get pregnant?
- Q What is Graves' disease?