Graves' disease, the leading cause of hyperthyroidism, causes the skin to thicken and harden. The skin, particularly over the shins, may become red, inflamed, thick, and take on the texture of an orange peel. It may also become itchy.
- Q What happens if I have Graves disease and get pregnant?
- Q How is Graves' disease diagnosed?
- Q How can Graves' disease affect pregnancy?
- Q How does Graves' disease affect the eyes?
- Q Is surgery a safe treatment option for Graves’ disease?
- Q What could happen if Graves disease is left untreated?