Graves' disease, the leading cause of hyperthyroidism, causes the skin to thicken and harden. The skin, particularly over the shins, may become red, inflamed, thick, and take on the texture of an orange peel. It may also become itchy.
- Q Who is likely to develop Graves' disease?
- Q Does Graves disease run in families?
- Q Is surgery a safe treatment option for Graves’ disease?
- Q How Graves' disease can be treated by radioiodine therapy?
- Q Who should consider having surgery for Graves’ disease?
- Q What could happen if Graves disease is left untreated?