Graves' disease, the leading cause of hyperthyroidism, causes the skin to thicken and harden. The skin, particularly over the shins, may become red, inflamed, thick, and take on the texture of an orange peel. It may also become itchy.
- Q How does Graves' disease affect the eyes?
- Q How can Graves' disease affect pregnancy?
- Q Who should consider having surgery for Graves’ disease?
- Q What is the treatment for Graves disease?
- Q Does Graves disease run in families?
- Q How do I know if I have Graves disease?