Graves' disease, the leading cause of hyperthyroidism, causes the skin to thicken and harden. The skin, particularly over the shins, may become red, inflamed, thick, and take on the texture of an orange peel. It may also become itchy.
- Q What could happen if Graves disease is left untreated?
- Q How can Graves' disease affect pregnancy?
- Q How is Graves' disease diagnosed?
- Q What is Graves' disease?
- Q What happens if I have Graves disease and get pregnant?
- Q Who is likely to develop Graves' disease?