Can I eat good fats if I want to lose weight?

Manuel Villacorta
While it's important to know that replacing saturated and trans fats with "good fats" (unsaturated) has been shown to decrease your risk of developing heart disease and inflammation, eating "good fats" does not necessarily lend itself to weight loss. I always recommend the "good" ones for health reasons. Just because they are "good" fats doesn't mean they can be consumed freely while trying to lose weight.
Eating Free: The Carb-Friendly Way to Lose Inches, Embrace Your Hunger, and Keep Weight Off for Good

Eating Free reveals why the prevailing wisdom on weight loss--low-calorie, no carbs, high-intensity exercise--sharply clashes with the facts of human biology and human nature, setting dieters up for...

Continue Learning about Good Fats

What are healthy dietary fats?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Fats that are plant-based and some fish oils are considered to be healthy fats. Some examples are mo...
Which fats are good fats?
Not all dietary fats are bad, but it can be confusing to keep them all straight. Saturated fats and ...
What are heart-healthy fats?
If you want to eat a heart-healthy diet, watch unhealthy fat and cholesterol. Limiting the amount of...
How Does the Body Get Energy from the Foods We Eat?