At what age is it appropriate to begin resistance training for golf?

Golfers can implement resistance training at any age. Resistance training does not automatically mean lifting heavy weights. Youth and adolescents benefit from exercises using bodyweight or light elastic bands as resistance. Increasing intensities with external loads should only be done under the supervision of a qualified coach or instructor.
Golfers can start resistance training at any age. I would recommend body weight and light band work until they have passed through the growing years. I generally see great flexibility with lack of stability and core strength in my younger players. 
We spend most of our time focused on building balance and core strength while supplementing flexibility work as part of maintenance plan. 

Continue Learning about Golf

What stretches can golfers do to improve hamstring flexibility?
Hamstring flexibility can be improved by doing a combination of foam rolling and static stretchi...
How can I train grip strength for golf?
In addition to using spring-loaded grip trainers, there are a number of other ways to increase y...
Exercises to Improve the Power of Your Golf Swing
What Stretches Can Golfers Do to Improve Hamstring Flexibility?