What are the goals of a strength and conditioning program for golfers?

The strength and conditioning program for golfers will be used to continuously correct and maintain optimal movement and increase sport-specific performance capabilities. Successful training will focus on maintaining optimal levels of flexibility, strength, and power to reduce the chance of injury.

Continue Learning about Golf

How do I improve my posture for golf?
A strong trunk allows forces to be transferred effectively from the legs to the upper body and a...
Should I stretch before or after my golf game?
John Bauer , NASM Elite TrainerJohn Bauer , NASM Elite Trainer
The answer is both.  Dynamic warm-up before a golf game is a key component to allowing the body to m...
What Stretches Can Golfers Do to Improve Hamstring Flexibility?
Exercises to Improve the Power of Your Golf Swing