What are the goals of a strength and conditioning program for golfers?

The strength and conditioning program for golfers will be used to continuously correct and maintain optimal movement and increase sport-specific performance capabilities. Successful training will focus on maintaining optimal levels of flexibility, strength, and power to reduce the chance of injury.

Continue Learning about Golf

How can I get better at chipping out of a sand trap while golfing?
Go to the practice green with ten or more practice golf balls. Start two feet from the green and...
How is power assessed when training golfers?
The rotation medicine ball throw is a good assessment for total body power in golfers. This asse...
Why should I do both strength and flexibility training for golf?
An integrated resistance and flexibility training program can improve swing mechanics, trunk and...
How can I improve the accuracy of my long-game in golf?
The accuracy of your game is dependent on two main factors. First, your bottom wrist should stay...