What exercises help to reduce shoulder overuse injuries in golfers?

Shoulder girdle health can be maintained by employing a regular flexibility and strength training routine. Using a foam roller to increase extensibility of the chest and latissimus dorsi muscles as well as static stretching (holding the stretched position for 30 seconds) will help with optimal pain-free range of motion. Strength training should include isolated exercises for rotator cuff strength and scapular stability such as internal and external rotation, Arm V Raise, and prone ball combos I and II. Finally, total-body type exercises such as a squat to row can be beneficial.

Continue Learning about Golf

What kind of exercises can improve my golf swing?
Sadie LincolnSadie Lincoln
Combining core work to support a neutral spine such as plank pose combined with postures that cr...
Can hip tightness from golf be causing my back pain?
Yes, hip tightness has the potential to contribute to low back pain. When the hip flexors (muscl...
What Stretches Can Golfers Do to Improve Hamstring Flexibility?
Exercises to Improve the Power of Your Golf Swing