What are some bodyweight only exercises I can do to improve my golf game?

Being able to control one's own bodyweight in all planes of motion is part of being a great athlete. Push-ups, pull-ups, prisoner squats, and lunges are all examples of exercises that can be done without equipment and can help build strength and endurance needed for golf. Around the house, you can use a small step to do single-leg calf raises. For the more advanced athlete, a single-leg squat touchdown or single-leg deadlift might be more appropriate. Other ways to train with bodyweight using minimal equipment is to use a stability ball or TRX.

Continue Learning about Golf

Can a stability ball help me strengthen my core for golf?
Incorporating a stability ball into an exercise routine helps to further strengthen core muscles...
How do I increase the distance of my golf drive?
The distance a ball travels after being hit is the result of the force of the club head and the ...
Which lower-extremity stretches are essential for golf players?
Flexibility training is an important part of performance enhancement and injury prevention for g...
What type of cardiovascular training improves stamina on the golf course?
Your cardiovascular training program will require an average of 20 to 45 minutes of moderate act...