Should I stretch before or after my golf game?

Flexibility training is important before and after golf activity. Prior to practice or conditioning sessions, athletes should be sure to perform a dynamic warm-up. Dynamic warm-ups use exercises that take your body and joints through a full available range of motion. This includes light cardiovascular activity, foam rolling to roll out any knots in your muscles, and exercises such as bodyweight squats, lunges with rotation, push-ups with rotation, and side-to-side tube walking. After practice or conditioning sessions, another session of foam rolling and static stretching (stretching that allows you to hold the stretch for 30 seconds) is recommended to improve flexibility and reduce the chance of delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS).

Continue Learning about Golf

How do I improve the accuracy of my golf putt?
The first step to golf putt accuracy is proper aim. It all starts in the setup. You must make su...
How can plyometrics be added to a golf training program?
Plyometrics are an important part of an integrated sports training program to help develop lower...
What are some golf specific movements for my dynamic warm-up?
After a general aerobic activity warm-up using bodyweight squats or deadlifts, walking lunges, and m...
How can I incorporate unstable environments into my golf training program?
Golfers can benefit from training in unstable environments in a number of ways. Athleticism requ...