Is Pilates appropriate for golfers?

Pilates can be a useful adjunct to a golfer's performance enhancement routine because of its focus on training the core and increasing posture - both excellent for golfers. It allows the athlete to become more aware of the body's posture, alignment, and patterns of movement. In reaction, the body becomes more flexible, centered and strong, allowing for injury prevention in the midst of stressful, demanding environments.

Continue Learning about Golf

Why should I do both strength and flexibility training for golf?
An integrated resistance and flexibility training program can improve swing mechanics, trunk and...
How do I improve the accuracy of my golf putt?
The first step to golf putt accuracy is proper aim. It all starts in the setup. You must make su...
Exercises to Improve the Power of Your Golf Swing
What Stretches Can Golfers Do to Improve Hamstring Flexibility?