How do I fit strength and conditioning training into my golf schedule?

If you are a regular exerciser, you'll be able to fit strength and conditioning into your schedule that is specific to your golf game and also enhances your overall fitness.  Core strength and good balance are important aspects of a golfer's training.  

Try these two exercises that can be performed in a gym or at home.

Cable Rotation to enhance core strength

Start
1.  Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead, placed shoulder-width apart, keeping yoru knees bent slightly. 

2.  Hold a cable with both hands in front of your chest and extend your arms.  (or use tubing that can be attached to a door jam)

3.  Draw-in your navel, contract your  glutes and tuck in your chin. 

Movement

4.  Rotate your body away from the weight stack on the cable machine (or the wall/door) while pivoting on your back foot.  Return to the starting position.

Perform 2-3 sets, 8-12 repetitions per set.

http://www.sharecare.com/question/how-do-perform-cable-rotation

Single Leg Squat to enhance balance strength

Start
1. Stand with feet straight and hip-width apart.
2. Lift chest, tuck chin and place hands on hips.

Movement
3. Squeeze butt muscles, balance on one leg and lift other directly beside it.
4. Squat as if sitting into chair, knee in-line with toe; hold two seconds.
5. Return to start position.

http://www.sharecare.com/question/how-perform-single-leg-squat

If you are an avid golfer, training should be a part of your daily life. Flexibility is a key component in efficient golf swings. I start my day with a 10 minute stretch focused on my area of concern, hips and low back. That 10 minutes makes for more enjoyable day on and off the golf course.
I try to find 30 minutes 3 times per week to focus on more specific issues, balance and stability. You will find incorporating this in to your exercise program proves beneficial in improving overall on course performance. 
You should be able to get in three days of training each week in addition to your weekly golf game. Training sessions should not be on consecutive days and you should allow one days rest between a training session and playing golf.

Continue Learning about Golf

What are some bodyweight only exercises I can do to improve my golf game?
Being able to control one's own bodyweight in all planes of motion is part of being a great athl...
At what age is it appropriate to begin resistance training for golf?
Todd Townes - Sharecare Fitness ExpertTodd Townes - Sharecare Fitness Expert
Golfers can start resistance training at any age. I would recommend body weight and light band work ...
Exercises to Improve the Power of Your Golf Swing
What Stretches Can Golfers Do to Improve Hamstring Flexibility?