How do I fit strength and conditioning training into my golf schedule?

If you are an avid golfer, training should be a part of your daily life. Flexibility is a key component in efficient golf swings. I start my day with a 10 minute stretch focused on my area of concern, hips and low back. That 10 minutes makes for more enjoyable day on and off the golf course.
I try to find 30 minutes 3 times per week to focus on more specific issues, balance and stability. You will find incorporating this in to your exercise program proves beneficial in improving overall on course performance. 
You should be able to get in three days of training each week in addition to your weekly golf game. Training sessions should not be on consecutive days and you should allow one days rest between a training session and playing golf.

Continue Learning about Golf

At what age is it appropriate to begin resistance training for golf?
Golfers can implement resistance training at any age. Resistance training does not automatically...
How can I prevent my elbow from hurting after a round of golf?
Golfer's elbow, also known as medial epicondilytis, is pain located in the inside of the elbow. Golf...
What kind of exercises can improve my golf swing?
Sadie LincolnSadie Lincoln
Combining core work to support a neutral spine such as plank pose combined with postures that cr...
What is a drill to improve the accuracy of my golf putt?
One of the best ways to practice accuracy and aim is to imagine multiple holes between your spot...