How can I prevent forearm pain while golfing?

The best way to avoid forearm pain while golfing is to wear an elbow strap around the pinky side of the forearm, near the elbow. Wearing this band relieves the stress that is placed on the muscles of the forearm.

(This answer provided for NATA by the Southern Utah University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Golf

How do I improve the accuracy of my golf putt?
The first step to golf putt accuracy is proper aim. It all starts in the setup. You must make su...
What are some golf specific movements for my dynamic warm-up?
After a general aerobic activity warm-up using bodyweight squats or deadlifts, walking lunges, and m...
What stretches can golfers do to improve hamstring flexibility?
Hamstring flexibility can be improved by doing a combination of foam rolling and static stretchi...
How does strength help a golfer to hit the ball farther?
When a muscle is exposed to the stress of an external load it adapts over time and is better able to...