How do I increase my golf club speed?

Flexibility and strength training exercises may be the best and quickest way to improving your golf swing speed and power. Top golfers use rotational exercises to improve their flexibility and strength of muscles used during the golf swing. For example, begin with foam rolling the inner thighs, thoracic spine, and latissimus dorsi muscles. When foam rolling hold each tender spot for at least 30 seconds to allow the muscles enough time to relax. Next, static stretch your adductors, erector spinae, and latissimus dorsi, holding each stretch for 30 seconds. This will give these muscles enough time to elongate to their proper lengths improving your joint range of motion. After stretching, performing some dynamic activities will help wake up your nervous system and strengthen your muscles. Start with lateral tube walking, a push-up with rotation, and a lunge with rotation. Perform one set of 10-15 repetitions with a moderate tempo. Once you have mastered these dynamic activities, more advanced exercises can be incorporated into your workouts such as cable rotations, cable chops, and cable lifts. Lastly, power oriented exercises such as a medicine ball rotation chest pass, scoop toss, and a woodchop throw can be used by advanced athletes.

Continue Learning about Golf

How can plyometrics be added to a golf training program?
Plyometrics are an important part of an integrated sports training program to help develop lower...
What stretches can golfers do to improve hamstring flexibility?
Hamstring flexibility can be improved by doing a combination of foam rolling and static stretchi...
How do I fit strength and conditioning training into my golf schedule?
You should be able to get in three days of training each week in addition to your weekly golf ga...
How does strength help a golfer to hit the ball farther?
When a muscle is exposed to the stress of an external load it adapts over time and is better able to...