How do I increase the distance of my golf drive?

The distance a ball travels after being hit is the result of the force of the club head and the speed of the swing. Therefore, to hit farther, you must increase the force placed on the ball by either using a heavier club or increasing the speed at which you can swing the club. Using a heavier club will require increased levels of strength to swing at the same speed. To swing faster will require more total body power. Therefore, the solution lies somewhere in the middle. The first step is to select a club weight that is most appropriate. Then, implement a training program that helps develop optimal levels of core stability and strength, lower extremity strength, and total body power. Lastly, swing mechanics and timing is essential. Making contact with the ball at the right time and place ultimately determines the distance.

Continue Learning about Golf

What stretches can golfers do to improve hamstring flexibility?
Mr. Keith Elmore, NASM Elite TrainerMr. Keith Elmore, NASM Elite Trainer
This is a common hamstring stretch. Usually pre workout or before you golf you would like a 2-3 seco...
What postural assessments may be useful for golfers?
There are several postural assessments or screens that can be very beneficial to golfers, the most c...
Exercises to Improve the Power of Your Golf Swing
What Stretches Can Golfers Do to Improve Hamstring Flexibility?