How do I increase the distance of my golf drive?

The distance a ball travels after being hit is the result of the force of the club head and the speed of the swing. Therefore, to hit farther, you must increase the force placed on the ball by either using a heavier club or increasing the speed at which you can swing the club. Using a heavier club will require increased levels of strength to swing at the same speed. To swing faster will require more total body power. Therefore, the solution lies somewhere in the middle. The first step is to select a club weight that is most appropriate. Then, implement a training program that helps develop optimal levels of core stability and strength, lower extremity strength, and total body power. Lastly, swing mechanics and timing is essential. Making contact with the ball at the right time and place ultimately determines the distance.

Continue Learning about Golf

What are some lower-extremity plyometric activities for golfers?
Vincenzo Zurlo, NASM Elite TrainerVincenzo Zurlo, NASM Elite Trainer
Front Squat with Weighted Club or BarStand with legs about shoulder-width apart and feet pointed str...
How can I test shoulder flexibility for golf?
The wall shoulder flexion test helps to assess if you have proper range of motion when raising y...
Exercises to Improve the Power of Your Golf Swing
What Stretches Can Golfers Do to Improve Hamstring Flexibility?