How can I incorporate unstable environments into my golf training program?

Golfers can benefit from training in unstable environments in a number of ways. Athleticism requires the ability to stabilize, decelerate, and accelerate in all three planes of motion. In order to move efficiently, optimal balance is required. Balance is an essential part of the swing mechanics. To begin, start by performing simple balance exercises such as a single-leg balance or single-leg balance reach. Once you have improved the ability to balance while maintaining proper posture, you can being to incorporate balance exercises with more demanding movement requirements such as a single-leg squat or step-up to balance. Once you've mastered these exercises try performing a multiplanar single-leg hop to balance.

Continue Learning about Golf

How can I prevent forearm pain while golfing?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
The best way to avoid forearm pain while golfing is to wear an elbow strap around the pinky side...
How important is cardiovascular exercise for playing golf?
Cardiovascular exercise is extremely important for golf players. Playing golf requires cardiovas...
Exercises to Improve the Power of Your Golf Swing
What Stretches Can Golfers Do to Improve Hamstring Flexibility?