How do I improve my posture for golf?

A strong trunk allows forces to be transferred effectively from the legs to the upper body and also enables the body to withstand forces without breakdown. Postural stability allows the golfer to maintain the spine angle throughout the entire swing. Generally, posture control comes from the muscles on the back side of your body. Exercises such as the reverse fly and single-leg opposite-arm cable row can help build the muscular endurance necessary to maintain proper posture during long golf rounds.

Continue Learning about Golf

Is it appropriate to do resistance training during the golf season?
Anis Khachnaoui , NASM Elite TrainerAnis Khachnaoui , NASM Elite Trainer
Absolutely, since golf has no defined season, is it important to keep resistance training for the en...
How can sleep improve my golf game?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
Equipment, weather conditions, athleticism, and technique aside, if you can get your game on at nigh...
Exercises to Improve the Power of Your Golf Swing
What Stretches Can Golfers Do to Improve Hamstring Flexibility?