How do I improve my posture for golf?

A strong trunk allows forces to be transferred effectively from the legs to the upper body and also enables the body to withstand forces without breakdown. Postural stability allows the golfer to maintain the spine angle throughout the entire swing. Generally, posture control comes from the muscles on the back side of your body. Exercises such as the reverse fly and single-leg opposite-arm cable row can help build the muscular endurance necessary to maintain proper posture during long golf rounds.

Continue Learning about Golf

What exercises should golfers do to maintain a strong and stable back?
Often times, athletes confuse core training with only training the front side of their bodies. I...
How can I train grip strength for golf?
In addition to using spring-loaded grip trainers, there are a number of other ways to increase y...
How do I improve the accuracy of my golf putt?
The first step to golf putt accuracy is proper aim. It all starts in the setup. You must make su...
Exercises to Improve the Power of Your Golf Swing