How can golfers get stronger legs without becoming too bulky?

Performing strength training exercises with lighter weights and higher repetitions will help develop muscular endurance and stability of the legs without adding unnecessary bulk. Almost all the strength to hit farther begins from the legs. It is important to remember that getting stronger does not have to mean getting bigger as well. In addition, power exercises for the legs such as squat jump will help build lower body explosiveness and is advantageous for the golf swing. Lastly, getting too bulky requires eating enough calories to support muscle growth. Consuming the same amount of calories as you burn each day will limit your body's ability to grow.

Continue Learning about Golf

How can I incorporate unstable environments into my golf training program?
Golfers can benefit from training in unstable environments in a number of ways. Athleticism requ...
What are some bodyweight only exercises I can do to improve my golf game?
Being able to control one's own bodyweight in all planes of motion is part of being a great athl...
How can I prevent my elbow from hurting after a round of golf?
Golfer's elbow, also known as medial epicondilytis, is pain located in the inside of the elbow. Golf...
Is it important to stretch before golfing?
Yes it’s important to stretch before golf. Golf like many sports requires that all the muscles work ...