How can golfers get stronger legs without becoming too bulky?

Performing strength training exercises with lighter weights and higher repetitions will help develop muscular endurance and stability of the legs without adding unnecessary bulk. Almost all the strength to hit farther begins from the legs. It is important to remember that getting stronger does not have to mean getting bigger as well. In addition, power exercises for the legs such as squat jump will help build lower body explosiveness and is advantageous for the golf swing. Lastly, getting too bulky requires eating enough calories to support muscle growth. Consuming the same amount of calories as you burn each day will limit your body's ability to grow.

Continue Learning about Golf

How can I prevent forearm pain while golfing?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
The best way to avoid forearm pain while golfing is to wear an elbow strap around the pinky side...
What is a drill to improve the accuracy of my golf putt?
One of the best ways to practice accuracy and aim is to imagine multiple holes between your spot...
Exercises to Improve the Power of Your Golf Swing
What Stretches Can Golfers Do to Improve Hamstring Flexibility?