How can I decrease the risk of wrist injury when playing golf?

Proper core training will reduce the stress on your upper body related to how you strike the golf ball. The strength and power you need for your golf swing should come from your core, not your arms. You may also consider changing from a steel-shaft club to graphite, which is lighter and may reduce the shock transmission when the club strikes the ground.

Continue Learning about Golf

How can sleep improve my golf game?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
Equipment, weather conditions, athleticism, and technique aside, if you can get your game on at nigh...
What stretches will keep my lower back from hurting after I play golf?
While there are numerous possible answers to this question (not everyone has the same needs or flexi...
What type of fitness testing is helpful for golfers?
Todd Townes - Sharecare Fitness ExpertTodd Townes - Sharecare Fitness Expert
This one is in my wheelhouse. Diagnosing specific fitness limitations is critical in understanding h...
How can I train grip strength for golf?
In addition to using spring-loaded grip trainers, there are a number of other ways to increase y...