How can I decrease the risk of wrist injury when playing golf?

Proper core training will reduce the stress on your upper body related to how you strike the golf ball. The strength and power you need for your golf swing should come from your core, not your arms. You may also consider changing from a steel-shaft club to graphite, which is lighter and may reduce the shock transmission when the club strikes the ground.

Continue Learning about Golf

What exercises help to reduce shoulder overuse injuries in golfers?
Shoulder girdle health can be maintained by employing a regular flexibility and strength trainin...
How can I prevent my elbow from hurting after a round of golf?
Matthew Toth , NASM Elite TrainerMatthew Toth , NASM Elite Trainer
There are a couple of things you can do to help stop the soreness in your elbow after a round of gol...
Exercises to Improve the Power of Your Golf Swing
What Stretches Can Golfers Do to Improve Hamstring Flexibility?