How can I train grip strength for golf?

In addition to using spring-loaded grip trainers, there are a number of other ways to increase your grip strength. A common pull-up or chin-up will develop improved grip strength. If you are training with dumbbells or barbells, consider using bars with an increased diameter as this will also develop grip strength. In some facilities, you will find specially designed sandbags of varying weights.

Continue Learning about Golf

Which lower-extremity stretches are essential for golf players?
Flexibility training is an important part of performance enhancement and injury prevention for g...
What are some bodyweight only exercises I can do to improve my golf game?
Being able to control one's own bodyweight in all planes of motion is part of being a great athl...
What type of cardiovascular training improves stamina on the golf course?
Your cardiovascular training program will require an average of 20 to 45 minutes of moderate act...
At what age is it appropriate to begin resistance training for golf?
Golfers can implement resistance training at any age. Resistance training does not automatically...