How can I stop slicing golf shots?

Performing stretching exercises to improve trunk rotation may help you stop slicing the ball. Various swing faults can cause a slice, however, swinging "over the top" is the most common swing fault. When this occurs, the club approaches the ball outside the target line from a steep angle during the downswing. Impacting the ball from this position will cause the ball to spin and slice. To fix this swing fault you want the downswing to come from inside or parallel to the target line, so the club head will hit the ball squarely. Adding exercises to improve trunk rotation will help you get into the proper position during the downswing. Try performing some dynamic stretches before your next golf outing such as a lunge with rotation and push-up with rotation.

Continue Learning about Golf

Can a stability ball help me strengthen my core for golf?
Incorporating a stability ball into an exercise routine helps to further strengthen core muscles...
How do I improve the accuracy of my golf putt?
The first step to golf putt accuracy is proper aim. It all starts in the setup. You must make su...
Exercises to Improve the Power of Your Golf Swing
What Stretches Can Golfers Do to Improve Hamstring Flexibility?