Should I talk to my doctor about my childs Goldenhar symptoms?

If your child is born with symptoms of Goldenhar syndrome, you should talk to your doctor. Symptoms may include an irregularly-shaped skull, abnormally-shaped or missing outer ear, uneven facial features, cleft lip and/or palate, and growths on one or both eyes. It is common for newborns to have slightly elongated heads. Your doctor will be able to diagnose any symptoms that are not normal and may be symptomatic of Goldenhar syndrome.

Continue Learning about Goldenhar Syndrome

Can symptoms of Goldenhar syndrome develop later in life?
Goldenhar syndrome is a birth defect. Symptoms are present at birth. As a child grows, their symptom...
How do medications treat Goldenhar syndrome?
Medications are not used to treat Goldenhar syndrome. Surgery is often required to treat abnormal ti...
How does Goldenhar syndrome affect the body?
Goldenhar syndrome affects the tissues and bones in the face and skull. Facial features, including t...
Are symptoms of Goldenhar syndrome always obvious?
Physical symptoms of Goldenhar syndrome can vary greatly. Symptoms such as cleft palate or cleft lip...