Should I talk to my doctor about my childs Goldenhar symptoms?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

If your child is born with symptoms of Goldenhar syndrome, you should talk to your doctor. Symptoms may include an irregularly-shaped skull, abnormally-shaped or missing outer ear, uneven facial features, cleft lip and/or palate, and growths on one or both eyes. It is common for newborns to have slightly elongated heads. Your doctor will be able to diagnose any symptoms that are not normal and may be symptomatic of Goldenhar syndrome.

Continue Learning about Goldenhar Syndrome

Are there other names for Goldenhar syndrome?
Goldenhar syndrome is also known as oculoauriculovertebral spectrum (OAV). Goldenhar syndrome is a t...
What is the prognosis for children with Goldenhar syndrome?
The majority of children born with Goldenhar syndrome have a normal life expectancy. With surgery an...
How does Goldenhar syndrome affect the body?
Goldenhar syndrome affects the tissues and bones in the face and skull. Facial features, including t...
How do I manage my childs Goldenhar syndrome symptoms on a daily basis?
Symptoms of Goldenhar syndrome vary and may require different types of daily care. For example, your...