Can symptoms of Goldenhar syndrome develop later in life?

Goldenhar syndrome is a birth defect. Symptoms are present at birth. As a child grows, their symptoms will become more pronounced if left untreated. In less severe cases, symptoms such as skin tags may go undiagnosed for months, if at all. New symptoms do not develop or suddenly appear later in life.

Continue Learning about Goldenhar Syndrome

What increases the risk for Goldenhar syndrome?
The exact cause of Goldenhar syndrome is unknown. Factors believed to increase the risk of a fetus d...
How does Goldenhar syndrome affect the body?
Goldenhar syndrome affects the tissues and bones in the face and skull. Facial features, including t...
Are symptoms of Goldenhar syndrome always obvious?
Physical symptoms of Goldenhar syndrome can vary greatly. Symptoms such as cleft palate or cleft lip...
How do I manage my childs Goldenhar syndrome symptoms on a daily basis?
Symptoms of Goldenhar syndrome vary and may require different types of daily care. For example, your...