Is Goldenhar Syndrome life-threatening?

In most cases, Goldenhar syndrome is not life-threatening although complications due to its symptoms can cause breathing, eating, and hearing problems. For example, a cleft palate or lip may affect a newborn's ability to nurse. As with any surgery, there is a risk of infection, bleeding, and/or nerve damage. Its best to talk to your doctor about your child's specific symptoms and any complications that may occur.

Continue Learning about Goldenhar Syndrome

Is there a vaccine to prevent Goldenhar syndrome?
Goldenhar syndrome is a type of birth defect. The exact cause of it is unknown. There is currently n...
Can symptoms of Goldenhar syndrome develop later in life?
Goldenhar syndrome is a birth defect. Symptoms are present at birth. As a child grows, their symptom...
How is the neck affected by Goldenhar syndrome?
In some cases, children born with Goldenhar syndrome will have symptoms in their neck. Bones along t...
How do I manage my childs Goldenhar syndrome symptoms on a daily basis?
Symptoms of Goldenhar syndrome vary and may require different types of daily care. For example, your...