How do medications treat Goldenhar syndrome?

Medications are not used to treat Goldenhar syndrome. Surgery is often required to treat abnormal tissue and bone disorders caused by this birth defect. Talk to your doctor about medications for pain management and or pre- or post-operative care.

Continue Learning about Goldenhar Syndrome

Will Goldenhar syndrome deform my child jaw?
Golden syndrome symptoms vary and commonly affect the eyes, ears, mouth, cheeks, neck, and jaw in di...
What are my chances of having more than one child with Goldenhar syndrome?
Your chance of having more than one child with Goldenhar syndrome is low, less than 1 percent. There...
What are the treatment options for Goldenhar syndrome?
Treatment options, including plastic and reconstructive surgeries vary because Goldenhar symptoms ca...
Should I talk to my doctor about my childs Goldenhar symptoms?
If your child is born with symptoms of Goldenhar syndrome, you should talk to your doctor. Symptoms ...