Can Goldenhar syndrome be prevented?

Eating a healthy, balanced diet may help to prevent a birth defect such as Goldenhar syndrome. Avoiding alcohol and exposure to toxins may also help to prevent a birth defect. Staying healthy and managing infections and diseases with the help of your doctor are all ways in which you can help to minimize the risk of your child being born with Goldenhar syndrome.

Continue Learning about Goldenhar Syndrome

Are there other names for Goldenhar syndrome?
Goldenhar syndrome is also known as oculoauriculovertebral spectrum (OAV). Goldenhar syndrome is a t...
How is Goldenhar syndrome diagnosed?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Goldenhar syndrome is diagnosed both clinically and by radiographic tests. The physical signs includ...
What are common symptoms of Goldenhar syndrome?
Goldenhar syndrome causes abnormal growth of tissue and bones in the face and skull. Symptoms range ...
How do I manage my childs Goldenhar syndrome symptoms on a daily basis?
Symptoms of Goldenhar syndrome vary and may require different types of daily care. For example, your...