What dosage of glucosamine supplement is typically used for adults?

The best dose of glucosamine is not known. Most research studies have used doses of 1,200 to 1,500 mg per day, usually in two or three separate doses. Because supplement manufacture is more loosely regulated than drug manufacture and producers voluntarily follow good manufacturing practices, purchase glucosamine from a reputable supplier.

Continue Learning about Glucosamine

Can I take glucosamine if I have diabetes?
Dr. Grant Cooper, MDDr. Grant Cooper, MD
Although there has been some concern that glucosamine might be contraindicated in people with diabet...
Does glucosamine raise blood sugar levels?
It's important to tell your doctor if you have diabetes and plan to take glucosamine. Some early...
What is the maximum daily dosage for glucosamine?
The glucosamine dose that has been used in most research studies is 1500 milligrams once daily or di...
If I take glucosamine, what's a helpful dose to take?
If you take glucosamine for osteoarthritis, the typical dose is 500 milligrams (mg) three times ...