Should I see a doctor about my glossopharyngeal neuralgia symptoms?

If you believe you are experiencing symptoms of glossopharyngeal neuralgia, it is a good idea to see your doctor. There are several treatment options available, and finding the right one will depend on a proper diagnosis. The sooner you start trying treatments, the sooner you may experience some relief. If necessary, your doctor may recommend that you see a pain specialist who can better assist you.

Continue Learning about Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia

How do I manage my glossopharyngeal neuralgia on a daily basis?
Managing your glossopharyngeal neuralgia on a daily basis can be difficult. Episodes often occur spo...
How is glossopharyngeal neuralgia diagnosed?
The pain of glossopharyngeal neuralgia typically makes the condition easy to diagnose. If contact wi...
What is the prognosis for glossopharyngeal neuralgia?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
Some individuals recover from an initial attack of glossopharyngeal neuralgia and never have another...
Can glossopharyngeal neuralgia be prevented?
You cannot prevent glossopharyngeal neuralgia. The cause cannot always be determined. Even when it c...