How do I care for someone with glossopharyngeal neuralgia?

There may not be much you can do for someone with glossopharyngeal neuralgia. Your main responsibility will be making sure they stick to their treatment plan and to communicate with their doctor if they are unable to do so themselves. Keep in mind that the pain caused by glossopharyngeal neuralgia can be excruciating, and people who suffer from the condition often live in fear of an oncoming attack.

Continue Learning about Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia

How is glossopharyngeal neuralgia diagnosed?
The pain of glossopharyngeal neuralgia typically makes the condition easy to diagnose. If contact wi...
Can glossopharyngeal neuralgia clear up without any treatment?
It is possible for glossopharyngeal neuralgia to clear up without any treatment, but it is not likel...
How do I manage my glossopharyngeal neuralgia on a daily basis?
Managing your glossopharyngeal neuralgia on a daily basis can be difficult. Episodes often occur spo...
What is glossopharyngeal neuralgia?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Glossopharyngeal neuralgia involves a separate nerve that provides sensation to the inside of the ea...