Can glossopharyngeal neuralgia clear up without any treatment?

It is possible for glossopharyngeal neuralgia to clear up without any treatment, but it is not likely. Most people will require medication to manage the pain, and some may even need surgery. More often than not, the cause of a person's glossopharyngeal neuralgia cannot be found and that makes it incredibly difficult to fix.

Continue Learning about Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia

How does glossopharyngeal neuralgia affect the body?
The affect of glossopharyngeal neuralgia on the body depends on what is causing the condition. Often...
Should I see a doctor about my glossopharyngeal neuralgia symptoms?
If you believe you are experiencing symptoms of glossopharyngeal neuralgia, it is a good idea to see...
What is glossopharyngeal neuralgia?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Glossopharyngeal neuralgia involves a separate nerve that provides sensation to the inside of the ea...
Is there a cure for glossopharyngeal neuralgia?
If a doctor can diagnose what is causing your glossopharyngeal neuralgia, they may be able to fix it...