Is there a cure for glossopharyngeal neuralgia?

If a doctor can diagnose what is causing your glossopharyngeal neuralgia, they may be able to fix it with surgery. Unfortunately, this does not work for everyone, and there is also a possibility that surgery could cause you to lose sensation in your mouth, tongue, or throat. Some cases cannot be cured.

Continue Learning about Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia

What is the prognosis for glossopharyngeal neuralgia?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
Some individuals recover from an initial attack of glossopharyngeal neuralgia and never have another...
Should I see a doctor about my glossopharyngeal neuralgia symptoms?
If you believe you are experiencing symptoms of glossopharyngeal neuralgia, it is a good idea to see...
What is glosso-pharyngeal neuralgia in multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Neuralgias, or nerve pains, are among the more common of the rare multiple sclerosis (MS) symptoms. ...
What are the treatment options for glossopharyngeal neuralgia?
Treatment for glossopharyngeal neuralgia usually begins with medication. Doctors often prescribe ant...