Can glossopharyngeal neuralgia be prevented?

You cannot prevent glossopharyngeal neuralgia. The cause cannot always be determined. Even when it can, it cannot be prevented or predicted. However, you can talk to your doctor about treatment options to help manage the pain, and in some cases, surgery may be able to fix the problem all together.

Continue Learning about Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia

Should I see a doctor about my glossopharyngeal neuralgia symptoms?
If you believe you are experiencing symptoms of glossopharyngeal neuralgia, it is a good idea to see...
Can glossopharyngeal neuralgia clear up without any treatment?
It is possible for glossopharyngeal neuralgia to clear up without any treatment, but it is not likel...
How is glossopharyngeal neuralgia diagnosed?
The pain of glossopharyngeal neuralgia typically makes the condition easy to diagnose. If contact wi...
What are the symptoms of glossopharyngeal neuralgia?
The main symptom of glossopharyngeal neuralgia is severe pain occurring in your throat, tongue, or e...