When should I call my doctor if I have glaucoma?

Glaucoma is caused by too much pressure in the eye. If not treated, it can lead to eye nerve damage and vision loss or blindness. If you've been diagnosed with glaucoma, it's critical to follow your treatment plan and see your eye doctor regularly to protect your eyes and vision. Be sure to let your doctor know if you have or develop any other illness, such as high blood pressure or asthma. You should also talk to your doctor before you start taking other medications. Always talk to your doctor if you have trouble with your glaucoma medications, but don't make any changes without your doctor's OK. If you have any of these symptoms, call your doctor or eye doctor:

• Any vision changes or problems seeing
  • Eye pain or pressure
  • Eye redness
  • Headaches, nausea or vomiting
  • Blurred vision, or other vision symptoms, such as halos around lights

Continue Learning about Glaucoma

Is There a Problem with the Downward Dog Position in Yoga That I Should Watch Out for?
How Has Glaucoma Treatment Advanced?
How Has Glaucoma Treatment Advanced?
Do genetics Play a Role in Eye Diseases Like Glaucoma?
What Are the Most Important Issues in Eye Health?