What do I need to know about caring for someone with glaucoma?

Helping someone with glaucoma is not a very difficult task. Having glaucoma can be very stressful on the person suffering from the condition because glaucoma has no cure. It is a good idea to encourage someone who has glaucoma to join the many support groups that exist. Being supportive and understanding toward the person is the best care you can give them, with the exception of help with walking or finding things due to loss of vision. Another helpful way to care for someone with glaucoma is to make sure they take their medication properly and see their doctor on a regular basis.

Continue Learning about Glaucoma

What is the most serious type of glaucoma?
The most serious type of glaucoma is closed-angle glaucoma, also known as acute angle-closure glauco...
If I have glaucoma, what can I do keep my optic nerves healthy?
George A. Williams, MDGeorge A. Williams, MD
There are two important things that you can do to help ensure the optic nerves stay healthy. The fir...
Do genetics Play a Role in Eye Diseases Like Glaucoma?
What Are the Challenges in Treating Glaucoma?