Should I talk to my doctor about my glaucoma symptoms?

You should not wait to see a doctor until you have symptoms. There are few signs or symptoms for the most common type of glaucoma, primary open-angle glaucoma, which is why early eye examinations with your doctor are crucial before permanent damage is done. If you feel a sudden headache or pain in your eyes accompanied by nausea and blurred vision, you should see your doctor or another medical professional immediately. These could be signs of acute angle-closure glaucoma, which can cause permanent damage within days.

Continue Learning about Glaucoma

When should I call my doctor if I have glaucoma?
If you have glaucoma, you should seek medical attention immediately if you develop eye pain or a sev...
What is the rate of incidence for glaucoma?
Glaucoma is a very common eye disease, but not everyone who has symptoms such as elevated eye pressu...
What Are the Most Important Issues in Eye Health?
Is There a Problem with the Downward Dog Position in Yoga That I Should Watch Out for?