Should I talk to my doctor about my glaucoma symptoms?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

You should not wait to see a doctor until you have symptoms. There are few signs or symptoms for the most common type of glaucoma, primary open-angle glaucoma, which is why early eye examinations with your doctor are crucial before permanent damage is done. If you feel a sudden headache or pain in your eyes accompanied by nausea and blurred vision, you should see your doctor or another medical professional immediately. These could be signs of acute angle-closure glaucoma, which can cause permanent damage within days.

Continue Learning about Glaucoma

What is the difference between primary and secondary glaucoma?
Primary glaucoma is glaucoma that develops due to an unknown cause. Secondary glaucoma develops from...
What is normal-pressure glaucoma?
Louis B. Cantor, MDLouis B. Cantor, MD
Normal-pressure glaucoma is diagnosed when the eye pressure is within the normal range of approximat...
What Are the Challenges in Treating Glaucoma?
What Are the Most Important Issues in Eye Health?