How would glaucoma laser surgery help my condition?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Laser surgery is mainly used on people suffering from open-angle glaucoma. The doctor will numb your eye first. The he or she will high-intensity laser beam to create to surgically open the blocked drainage channels. Opening the channels will allow the aqueous humor to flow normally out of the eye. With the fluid draining properly, the pressure will decrease in the eye and less damage will occur on the optic nerve.

Continue Learning about Glaucoma Treatments

Is it safe to smoke marijuana for glaucoma?
Louis B. Cantor, MDLouis B. Cantor, MD
Potentially serious side effects associated with smoking marijuana include an increased heart rate a...
What are the treatments for closed-angle glaucoma?
Louis B. Cantor, MDLouis B. Cantor, MD
Laser iridectomy is the gold standard for treating closed-angle glaucoma, also known as angle-closur...
Is an iridectomy the best treatment for close-angle glaucoma?
Louis B. Cantor, MDLouis B. Cantor, MD
Laser iridectomy is the gold standard for treating angle-closure glaucoma and is the primary differe...
How can I protect my vision from being affected by glaucoma?
The best way to prevent glaucoma is through an early detection and early treatment. If you are highe...