Which foods and supplements are best after glaucoma surgery?

There is no compelling evidence that foods or nutritional supplements influence glaucoma or would be beneficial to the eye following glaucoma surgery. It is always reasonable to assume that the eye health will in general reflect the general health of the individual. The eye obviously does not live in isolation but lives in a person. Therefore, maintaining a healthy diet which is well balanced and nutritional may be of benefit.

Continue Learning about Glaucoma Treatments

What complications result from a trabeculectomy?
American Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmartAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmart
As with all surgeries, there are risks associated with a trabeculectomy. One of the most common comp...
What will my vision be like after open-angle glaucoma surgery?
Vision may fluctuate daily after surgery. Generally your vision is blurry for several weeks. There m...
How would glaucoma laser surgery help my condition?
Laser surgery is mainly used on people suffering from open-angle glaucoma. The doctor will numb your...
What Are the Challenges in Treating Glaucoma?