Which foods and supplements are best after glaucoma surgery?

There is no compelling evidence that foods or nutritional supplements influence glaucoma or would be beneficial to the eye following glaucoma surgery. It is always reasonable to assume that the eye health will in general reflect the general health of the individual. The eye obviously does not live in isolation but lives in a person. Therefore, maintaining a healthy diet which is well balanced and nutritional may be of benefit.

Continue Learning about Glaucoma Treatments

What are the possible side effects of glaucoma eyedrops?
American Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmartAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmart
Different glaucoma eyedrops can cause different side effects. Because the glaucoma medicine can keep...
Why should I get open-angle glaucoma surgery?
A clear liquid called aqueous humor circulates inside the front portion of the eye. In open-angle gl...
How important is it to use my glaucoma eyedrops every day?
You must use your eye drops exactly as instructed to. Using the eye drops on a regular basis to prev...
What will my vision be like after open-angle glaucoma surgery?
Vision may fluctuate daily after surgery. Generally your vision is blurry for several weeks. There m...