How is acute angle-closure glaucoma treated?

Acute angle-closure glaucoma is treated as a medical emergency. Doctors will administer whatever procedure they believe will reduce the pressure in the eye quickly. Laser surgery is the most effective way to promptly reduce the pressure. Doctors will do the fastest and most effective treatment to save the eyesight.

Continue Learning about Glaucoma Treatments

What is glaucoma surgery?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Glaucoma is due to a build up of pressure inside the eye that eventually damages the optic nerve. Th...
How can I protect my vision from being affected by glaucoma?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The best way to prevent glaucoma is through an early detection and early treatment. If you are highe...
Why should I get open-angle glaucoma surgery?
American Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmartAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmart
A clear liquid called aqueous humor circulates inside the front portion of the eye. In open-angle gl...
What Are the Challenges in Treating Glaucoma?