How does intraocular pressure affect my risk of glaucoma?

Your eyes are a nice round shape, aren't they? That's partly thanks to the fluid tension or intraocular pressure inside your eyeballs. But if the fluid that flows throughout the interior spaces of your eyes gets blocked or drains too slowly, the interior pressure can increase, affecting the optic nerve, putting you at risk for glaucoma.

Continue Learning about Glaucoma Causes and Risk Factors

Is glaucoma more prevalent in people who have diabetes?
Glaucoma is more prevalent in people who have diabetes. Studies have shown that the risk for develop...
Who is most affected by glaucoma?
People most affected by glaucoma include the following groups: people who are over age 60 Afri...
What increases my risk for glaucoma?
There are a variety of risk factors that cause glaucoma. It can run in families. Older adults ar...
Is glaucoma always caused by high eye pressure?
Glaucoma is NOT always caused by high eye pressure. Glaucoma can be caused by any of the following p...