Does ginseng boost immunity?

Anthony L. Komaroff, MD
It's not clear how the root of the ginseng plant works, but claims on behalf of Asian ginseng are many, including its ability to stimulate immune function. Despite the claims of a number of mainly small studies, the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) says there are not enough high-quality studies to support the claims. NCCAM is currently supporting research to examine Asian ginseng more fully.

Continue Learning about Ginseng

Can I take ginkgo biloba and ginseng if I take BP medicine?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
You should discuss this with your doctor, especially the specialist prescribing the blood pressure m...
Who should not use ginseng?
Do not use ginseng if you have allergies to any of the ingredients in ginseng, have bleeding or ...
How does ginseng work?
Because ginseng is currently being researched and tested on humans, it is not completely clear how i...
How Does Ginseng Work?
How Does Ginseng Work?