Ginkgo biloba comes from the leaves and seeds of the Chinese ginkgo tree. Some people believe that this botanical actually boosts sexual desire and treats erectile dysfunction (ED).Does this herb work to help ED? The jury is still out. Many studies find no benefit from ginkgo biloba for ED. And when you buy a natural dietary supplement with gingko, you’re never really sure how much gingko the pill contains. Even if the pills genuinely contain ginkgo biloba, the quality and potency can vary greatly. Hunting for the little US Pharmocopiea “P” on the supplement label may help ensure some consistency. For the record, ginkgo biloba is probably safe for adults, but it may not effectively treat ED.
- Q What is ginkgo used for?
- Q Are there any reasons to avoid Ginkgo biloba?
- Q Should I let my doctor know if I am taking gingko biloba?
- Q Can I take ginkgo biloba and ginseng if I take BP medicine?
- Q Does Ginkgo Biloba really help treat depression?
- Q What should I avoid while taking ginkgo biloba?