Does ginkgo biloba work to treat erectile dysfunction?

Ginkgo biloba comes from the leaves and seeds of the Chinese ginkgo tree. Some people believe that this botanical actually boosts sexual desire and treats erectile dysfunction (ED).

Does this herb work to help ED? The jury is still out. Many studies find no benefit from ginkgo biloba for ED. And when you buy a natural dietary supplement with gingko, you’re never really sure how much gingko the pill contains. Even if the pills genuinely contain ginkgo biloba, the quality and potency can vary greatly. Hunting for the little US Pharmocopiea “P” on the supplement label may help ensure some consistency. For the record, ginkgo biloba is probably safe for adults, but it may not effectively treat ED.

Continue Learning about Ginkgo

What is Ginkgo biloba?
The ginkgo tree, also known as the maidenhair tree, is one of the oldest living species in the w...
Should I let my doctor know if I am taking gingko biloba?
It is always a good idea to consult your doctor before taking any nutritional supplements, espec...
What is ginkgo used for?
Gingko biloba is intended for people who have mental impairments such as dementia or Alzheimer's dis...
How can Ginkgo biloba affect blood circulation?
Ginkgo may improve blood circulation. Improvements are documented for patients with insufficient...