Should I take ginkgo biloba to improve or protect my memory?

If you want to. Though there are no large studies to support its use, there's some promise that this very commonly used supplement is effective in helping improve cognition. It can also thin the blood, which can be helpful in folks with blood vessel disease but dangerous for those with clotting disorders or anticipating surgery. Because it's considered a safe antioxidant supplement, we're comfortable with you trying 120 milligrams daily to see if it has any positive effects.
You: Staying Young: The Owner's Manual for Extending Your Warranty

International bestselling authors of YOU: The Owner's Manual and YOU: On a Diet give you all the tools and know-how to stay young and defy the ageing process. Drawing lively parallels between your...

Continue Learning about Ginkgo

Who should not take ginkgo biloba?
Do not take gingko biloba if you know you are allergic to it. Do not take garlic if you take blood-t...
What are the benefits of ginkgo biloba?
Ginkgo biloba is an herb that comes from the Chinese ginkgo tree. It is reputed to have antioxidant ...
What is the maximum daily dosage for ginkgo biloba?
Ginkgo biloba is available in a variety of product types. The recommended daily dose of Ginkgo bilob...
What do I need to know about ginkgo biloba and ginseng?
Two herbs that patients ask us about more than any others are ginkgo biloba and ginseng. I lump them...